Olaplex?! What is that?
Many of you ask me what is the Reconstructive treatment when you get to the salon. In 11 years years, it is one of the products that has given me the most surprising results. I have been using it for 2 years now and my clients love it! I love it so much that I use it in all of my color services. It can be used in relaxed, natural, transitioning, colored, virgin, loced hair and even on the beard!
Olaplex reconnects the broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair. It stops the cystic acid, which causes hair breakage, to occur by linking broken disulfide bonds together. It is in 5 parts, No. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and they each use the patented active ingredient.
- No. 1 is the concentrated liquid that is mixed with colors, lighteners and toners that ensures the integrity of my clients' hair. It can also be applied with water as a treatment (Reconstruct treatment) without a chemical service.
- No. 2 is a creamy form of No. 1 for easier application and it's applied directly after a color service or as a second step in the Reconstruct treatment. You can also do a quick treatment with No. 2 only by leaving it for 10 minutes only with MINI Reconstruct treatment.
- No. 3 is the take home version of No. 2 so you can keep the results out of the salon by incorporating Olaplex into your home hair care routine.
- No. 4 & No. 5 is the shampoo and conditioner that uses the patented active ingredient that recently came out. It regenerates the hair fibers without weighing the hair down and it is sulfate, paraben and gluten free.
Here is how it works;
- The hair is composed of a protein called keratin.
- Keratin is composed of disulfide bonds.
- When any damage occurs to the hair (chemical, thermal or mechanical), the disulfide bonds break.
- When the disulfide bonds break, they become a magnet for the oxygen molecules.
- Once 3 molecules attach to the broken bond, the oxidation process emits and releases cystic acid.
- Cystic acid is consumed by the keratin protein also called the cuticle.
- The result is damaged hair with split ends.
- This is where Olaplex comes in and strikes two of the three oxygen molecules attached to the broken disulfide bond, leaving half of a broken disulfide bond with one molecule of oxygen to be reconnected to its other half.
- Once the disulfide bond is repaired, it will not break unless it breaks chemically, thermally or mechanically again.
Olaplex allows you to perform, in one go, what was previously impossible:
- Make extreme transformations from dark to pale
- Make blondes even more blonde
- Treat damaged hair
- Correct the color without damaging the hair
- Give the hair a maximum of shine and suppleness
- Make vibrant colors last longer
It is Olaplex's chemistry that makes it different from anything that is available on the market. Your hair will be in better condition than before, which is contrary to the reality of chemical services. Olaplex is working at a molecular level that really repairs the problem from the inside out!
If you have any questions on this treatment, please leave me a comment or send me an email at email@example.com. You can also book this treatment at weenajerome.com/nyc